FRANCE – FINDING BALANCE IN A FAST-PACED WORLD
It can be a challenge to stay centered, calm and balanced in the times we live in. When our minds are busy and overstimulated by technology and an accelerated lifestyle, we can lose connection with our intuition and our soul’s purpose. Kundalini Yoga is a transformational practice that can help us find the balance between head and heart, while supporting us in navigating our way through the challenges of a stressful life.
Join Kathryn and Catherine at the inspiring La Balie, France on a nourishing and nurturing four-day journey as we explore techniques to calm the mind and open the heart as a way to create peace and purpose.
This is an intimate retreat and space is limited to 14 people, so reserve your space early to avoid disappointment. Open to all levels of experience, including complete beginners.
Our retreat begins on the evening of June 6th and will end after breakfast on the morning of June 10th.
Your day will begin with an energising morning yoga class followed by a delicious breakfast served on the terrace. There will be plenty of time either side of lunch to relax, swim in the beautiful salt-water pool, read, enjoy the gardens of La Balie or explore the local villages. Our early evening class will include a meditation and a relaxing gong bath, followed by a nourishing vegetarian dinner.
Each class will include movement, mantra, meditation, dance and transformative breath work to calm the body and mind and elevate the spirit.
Daily yoga practice will take place either in our beautiful studio with stunning views over rolling countryside or outside in the meadow where practice will end with the sound of the ancient church bells rolling gently through the valley, as they have for hundreds of years.
DATES: 6th – 10th June 2018
VENUE: La Balie is a collection of beautiful 16th Century farm buildings three of which have been converted into light and airy cottages containing a total of eight charming bedrooms each with their own luxury bathroom. Each of the cottages has its own sitting room, fully equipped kitchen, satellite TV and WiFi. www.labalie.com
- Two Kundalini and Gong Bath classes morning and afternoon with Kathryn and Catherine. Each class will include movement, meditation, dance and transformative breath work to calm the body and mind and elevate the spirit
- Three nourishing and nutritious meals per day including a cooking demonstration with our visiting chef
- Time to relax, walk in nature, swim in the pool, read, journal, meditate
- Transfers to and from Bergerac airport on suggested Ryan Air flights. All flight information can be found on www.labalie.com
– Flights and transfers to and from La Balie outside retreat dates/suggested flights and airports other than Bergerac
– One lunch at a restaurant when we visit the local village market
Single accommodation £1,100 (private room en-suite bathroom)
Shared accommodation £750 (twin room en-suite bathroom)
Early bird 10% reduction 27 February
To secure place a 50% deposit is required. Balance due 27th April
A non-refundable deposit of £375 for a shared room and £550 for a private room is required to reserve your place on the retreat. The balance will be due on or before 27th April, 2018
Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend our retreat. We’ll refund you the the full amount you’ve paid minus your deposit of £375/550 if you cancel 6 weeks before the start of the retreat. If you cancel within 6 weeks of the retreat, we won’t be able to refund you unless we are able to resell your place. If we are able to fill your place we’ll refund your payment minus your deposit.
We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance, including cancellation insurance, when you book the retreat.
HOW TO BOOK
To book your place on the retreat, please follow the link below https://kathrynmccuskerkundalini.com/product/kundalini-yoga-retreat-in-france-6th-to-10th-june-2018-finding-balance-in-a-fast-paced-world-retreat/
CATHERINE PAGE is a Kundalini Yoga teacher and psychotherapist, with an interest in the mind-body link and specifically how emotions such as anxiety and depression manifest in the physical body.
Catherine began training as a Kundalini yoga teacher in London, France and Russia. Catherine is passionate about sharing the teachings of Kundalini yoga as a physical and spiritual practice and as a means to change the way you feel.
KATHRYN McCUSKER go to ‘About Kathryn’ page for more information
GREECE – YOGA RETREAT IN AMORGOS, 22-28 OCTOBER
Join Kathryn in beautiful Amorgos, the most easterly Cycladic island where the 1000 year old Byzantine Monastery Hozoviotissa rises out of the ‘big blue’ on a thousand foot cliff where Luc Bresson filmed his cult movie ‘Le Grand Bleu’. Experience a nourishing, energising and inspiring Kundalini Yoga retreat, where the beaches and views are breathtaking!
VENUE: Aegialis Hotel & Spa, Amorgos Greece (https://amorgos-aegialis.com)
DATES: 22nd – 28th October 2018
- 6 nights accommodation in superior room with private balcony and sea view
- Twice daily Yoga (am/pm)
- Breakfast buffet daily (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free options are provided in case needed)
- Lunch or dinner daily (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free options are provided in case needed)
- Breakfast 07.30-10.30 / Lunch 12.30-16.00 / Dinner 19.30-23.00
- Transfers upon arrival and departure on Amorgos (port-hotel-port)
- One 30min relaxing massage
- 10% discount on Face and Body treatments at Lalon Idor Spa
- Use of Lalon Idor Spa facilities (sauna, hammam, jacuzzi, indoor heated seawater swimming pool, fitness center)
- Use of Yoga Shalas and Equipment
- Use of wireless internet
NOT INCLUDED: Flights and transport from Athens to Amorgos.
TRAVEL TO & FROM AMORGOS:
ARRIVAL – Fly to Athens before 2pm on 22 October, then take bus, metro or taxi to Athens Piraeus port as follows:
- BUS: Bus X96 covers directly the route from Athens airport to Piraeus port. Buses operate 24 hours and the trip takes about 90 min. Buses leave every 20 minutes in the day and from 22:30 pm to 05:00 am they depart every 40 minutes. Ticket price (2017): 6.00 EUR
- METRO: You can reach the port by metro. It is the only Athens port reachable by the metro system. There is a metro station just outside the airport. You take the blue line and change at Monastiraki station to take the green line, which has its terminal just outside the port of Piraeus. The first metro train from the airport leaves at 06:30 am and the last at 23:30 pm. There are trains all day long, every half an hour (at 00′ and 30′). The whole ride will take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Ticket price (2017): 10.00 EUR . Once you get at the port of Piraeus, make sure you find the gate from where you ferry leaves.
- TAXI: Alternatively, you can book an individual taxi transfer.
From Athens Piraeus port, the Blue Star Naxos Ferry service will depart at 17.30pm on 22nd October and arrive in Amorgos at around 1.30am on 23rd October (economy class €36 one way, business class €50 one way)
DEPARTURE – Check out from Amorgos is on 28 October. The 06.00am ferry reaches Piraeus Athens port at 15.00pm, so you should book your flight after 18.00pm on 28 October, in order to have enough time to reach the airport.
For further details on how to reach Amorgos, follow this link: https://amorgos-aegialis.com/how-to-come/
- Shared en-suite accommodation 745 GBP
- Single en-suite accommodation 955 GBP
BOOKING & PAYMENT POLICY:
To secure a place a 50% deposit is required. Balance due 25 August.
Click here to book now: https://kathrynmccuskerkundalini.com/product/greece-yoga-retreat-in-amorgos-22-28-october/
Kathryn McCusker firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 7990 521 642