SRI LANKA – FESTIVE SPIRIT
We invite you to do something different this festive season and join us for our signature retreat in December. The retreat will be led by Sam Kankanamge, Founder and Director of the Sanctuary and renowned Kundalini teacher Kathryn McCusker. A refreshing contrast to a typical busy festive season our retreats draws on everything that is special about this generous and spirited season so you can be giving the gift of good health and rest to yourself in a supportive and peaceful setting.
Kathryn will be leading the group through a yogic exploration of the elements that will be supported by ceremony, nature walks and meditations. There will be plenty of opportunity during this retreat to evaluate the year and set intentions, for the next, with a clear head and heart. Ceremony and group work will celebrate the changes you feel as the holistic treatments and therapies positively influence your wellbeing. The transformations are witnessed by the group and will help you to align with your hopes and dreams as you enter a new year, feeling relaxed and re-connected to your body and self.
DATE: 22nd – 31st December
***I will be at Senwellness Sanctuary all of January teaching weekly classes for those interested in drop ins
VENUE: Sen Wellness Sanctuary, Sri Lanka
- Programme will be held by the Founder and Director Sam Kankanamge and Kundalini Yoga teacher Kathryn McCusker.
- One to one consultation with our resident Ayurvedic doctor who will tailor a programme specific to your dosha.
- 2/3 Ayurvedic treatments a day.
- Daily Sunrise yoga/ meditation lasting up to 90 minutes.
- Daily Sunset yoga/ meditation lasting up to 90 minutes.
- Fire Ceremonies and Gong baths
- Transformative group meditations, chanting and dancing.
- Meditation sessions led by a Buddhist monk.
- Acupuncture and Osteopathy sessions.
- Group healing circle sessions.
- Inspiring life style talks.
- Ayurvedic cooking demonstration.
- Energetic healing sessions.
- We will provide a pre-retreat guide with advice on preparing for your retreat.
BOOKINGS: E: Info@senwellnesssanctuary.com
FRANCE – FOOD FOR THE SOUL
It can be a challenge to stay centered, calm and balanced in the times we live in. When our minds are busy and overstimulated by technology and an accelerated lifestyle, we can lose connection with our intuition and our soul’s purpose. Kundalini Yoga is a transformational practice that can help us find the balance between head and heart, while supporting us in navigating our way through the challenges of a stressful life.
Join Kathryn and Catherine at the inspiring La Balie, France on a nourishing and nurturing four-day journey as we explore techniques to calm the mind and open the heart as a way to create peace and purpose.
This is an intimate retreat and space is limited to 14 people, so reserve your space early to avoid disappointment. Open to all levels of experience, including complete beginners.
Our retreat begins on the evening of June 6th and will end after breakfast on the morning of June 10th.
Your day will begin with an energising morning yoga class followed by a delicious breakfast served on the terrace. There will be plenty of time either side of lunch to relax, swim in the beautiful salt-water pool, read, enjoy the gardens of La Balie or explore the local villages. Our early evening class will include a meditation and a relaxing gong bath, followed by a nourishing vegetarian dinner.
Each class will include movement, mantra, meditation, dance and transformative breath work to calm the body and mind and elevate the spirit.
Daily yoga practice will take place either in our beautiful studio with stunning views over rolling countryside or outside in the meadow where practice will end with the sound of the ancient church bells rolling gently through the valley, as they have for hundreds of years.
DATES: 6th – 10th June 2018
VENUE: La Balie is a collection of beautiful 16th Century farm buildings three of which have been converted into light and airy cottages containing a total of eight charming bedrooms each with their own luxury bathroom. Each of the cottages has its own sitting room, fully equipped kitchen, satellite TV and WiFi. www.labalie.com
- Two Kundalini and Gong Bath classes morning and afternoon with Kathryn and Catherine. Each class will include movement, meditation, dance and transformative breath work to calm the body and mind and elevate the spirit
- Three nourishing and nutritious meals per day including a cooking demonstration with our visiting chef
- Time to relax, walk in nature, swim in the pool, read, journal, meditate
- Transfers to and from Bergerac airport on suggested Ryan Air flights. All flight information can be found on www.labalie.com
– Flights and transfers to and from La Balie outside retreat dates/suggested flights and airports other than Bergerac
– One lunch at a restaurant when we visit the local village market
Single accommodation £1,100 (private room en-suite bathroom)
Shared accommodation £750 (twin room en-suite bathroom)
Early bird 10% reduction 27 February
To secure place a 50% deposit is required. Balance due 27th April
A non-refundable deposit of £375 for a shared room and £550 for a private room is required to reserve your place on the retreat. The balance will be due on or before 27th April, 2018
Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend our retreat. We’ll refund you the the full amount you’ve paid minus your deposit of £375/550 if you cancel 6 weeks before the start of the retreat. If you cancel within 6 weeks of the retreat, we won’t be able to refund you unless we are able to resell your place. If we are able to fill your place we’ll refund your payment minus your deposit.
We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance, including cancellation insurance, when you book the retreat.
HOW TO BOOK
To book your place on the retreat, please follow the link below https://kathrynmccuskerkundalini.com/product/food-for-the-soul/
CATHERINE PAGE is a Kundalini Yoga teacher and psychotherapist, with an interest in the mind-body link and specifically how emotions such as anxiety and depression manifest in the physical body.
Catherine began training as a Kundalini yoga teacher in London, France and Russia. Catherine is passionate about sharing the teachings of Kundalini yoga as a physical and spiritual practice and as a means to change the way you feel.
KATHRYN McCUSKER go to ‘About Kathryn’ page for more information
LEBANON – DETOX YOUR MIND & BODY
Kathryn will take you on a journey through the body, to help you cleanse your body and relax your mind, leaving you feeling more awake, aware, healthy and prepared to face the challenges of everyday life!
Using a series of movements, powerful breathing techniques, mantra, sound vibration, meditation and deep relaxation we will open our bodies and surrender our minds to recognise our innate strength, courage and wisdom.This cleanse will benefit you in many ways, especially if you experience any of the symptoms below, or you would like to shift old habits and create new positive, healthy ones!
DO YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS?
Low energy and tiredness, excess weight, digestive problems including bloating, wind, constipation, diarrhoea, difficulty falling asleep or interrupted sleep, poor focus, lack of creativity, cellulite, frequent colds, headaches, skin problems, sugar cravings, addictions such as caffeine, alcohol and smoking, fears, anxiety and depression, obsessive thinking.
- Dr Elie Karam: Medical therapist in Vedic Medicine – Holland Clinical researcher in chronic diseases – USA Medical advisor in Pyscho-Social disorder. (WHAT IS AYURVEDA?)
- Ghina Sandid: Clinical Dietitian (The common myths & misconceptions in nutrition)
DATES: tbc 2018
VENUE: Abdelli Terrace (www.abdelliterraces.com)
- 4 nights accommodation at Al Yasmine Guest House – http://www.alyasmineguesthouse.com/
- Consultation with Dr Elie Karama, 1 month prior to retreat
- Daily AM/PM Kundalini yoga/ meditation – each session 1.30hr
- Integrative therapy massage “Ingolf Schroder”
- Art Therapy – Creat your own “Mandala” with Solange El Haybe, clinical psychologist and art therapy specialist
- Guided hike in the surrounding area, visit to Turtle nest, Nakoura, Old Tyr
- Bus transportation from and to Beirut
- Sharing double room : $1,200
- Single room : $1,350
- Places are limited to 15 participants maximum
- Early bird reservations before 15th July, 10% discount